Hello my friends, here are some things everyone must try when visiting Puerto Vallarta.
In the following weeks I´ll be adding info about the things to do listed below.
- Walk the Cuale River Island.
- Visit the Art Galleries and Shops on Basilio Badillo St.
- Walk the Boardwalk.
- Visit the Lady of Guadalupe Church. It took about 30 years for it to be completed!
- Walk to the Pier at Los Muertos Beach and take a photo.
- Walk up to the La Cruz lookout.
- Eat good sea food: there are many places, but if you want to go where locals go, then try ¨8 Tostadas¨ at:413 Río Guayaquil St. This place is better known as 8 Tostadas Estadio as it´s right behind our city Stadium. The neighborhood is just 5 minutes from Downtown. Take a taxi or an Uber. Everything here is good.
See directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/5RRJHxnwWPs
- Visit Yelapa beach for a day. You´ll have to take a water taxi from Los Muertos Pier. Round trip is about $360 pesos.
- See locals dance every Sunday night at 7pm at ¨Plaza de Armas¨ square. This square is across from Lady of Guadalupe Church in downtown.
- See folkloric dances every Friday at 7:30pm at Lázaro Cárdenas Park. Located at South end of the Boardwalk.
Well there are more than just 10 things to do and see, so the list goes on...
- Go to Sayulita for the day. It´s a 1 hour bus trip along the coast and jungle through 200 road. The bus departs from Walmart. There is always a guy shouting the next bus departing. They depart about every 10-15 minutes.
- Have a Tuba (coconut drink) on the Boarwalk. Men dressed in white carrying guards sell Tuba. It´s like a ¨coconut cambucha¨.
- Take a food tour and know your way around PV in just 3.5 hours
See directions here: http://vallartaphototours.com/photos-from-our-tours/
- Eat a Vallarta Style Ceviche tostada at ¨Cólera¨ located at 505 Lázaro Cárdenas St, Emiliano Zapata, 48380 Puerto Vallarta, Jal.
See directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/JFjMYQCs7cT2
- Take a dip at Conchas Chinas Beach, just 10 minutes south of Old Town.
See directions here:https://goo.gl/maps/Y9rvQFTHUt22
- Take an ATV or zip lining tour
- Take a whale watching tour: https://goo.gl/maps/ehGNUJNfiA62 I´m not sure if this is their last week for whale watching, but they offer other choices and they fund a non-profit organization to study whale behavior studies.